So it turns out most of us are actually wearing the wrong size bra. If you’ve never been professionally fitted, chances are your cup or band size is totally wrong for you. This could be because your chest has grown or shrunk or simply because you have never been wearing the correct fit. Follow these easy 5 tricks to finding the perfect bra for you.
1. Your ideal bra should be flat against your sternum and back without grabbing your skin. Test it out by lifting your arms above your head. Does your bra move? If so, it’s time ditch it for a smaller band size!
2. There’s cleavage and then there is cleavage. You should never be literally spilling over the top or sides of your bra. It isn’t a good look and it definitely isn’t comfortable. Stop giving yourself a quadriboob and go up a cup size.
3. Do you get pesky dents on your shoulders after a day of bra wearing? Don’t suffer in silence! Your straps should only be bearing 10% of the weight of your chest, which means that the band isn’t doing its job right. Opt for thicker straps and a more bandeau style bra for greater support across your chest.
4. Is your underwire playing havoc against your skin? If you can even feel that it’s there then the bra is too small for you. Underwire should be supportive without cutting into the delicate skin along your chest. Go up a cup size but keep your band the same width.
5. You should always fit yourself to the widest clasp on the bra. This is because bras stretch over time, and to get yourself the longest wear you should always try to buy ones that feel most comfortable on the widest setting. This way they won't get too big after stretching because you can adjust to the other clasps as needed.