Want to know how one little jar of sodium bicarbonate can totally change your life? Turns out the one-dollar wonder can actually replace half of the products in your health and beauty arsenal. We’ve decided to bring you our top 8 baking soda hacks that will totally change your beauty regime, and save you a couple of bucks in the process.
1. You can ditch your standard toothpaste because baking soda makes for a great natural teeth whitener. Mix with lemon juice until it becomes a thick paste and brush your teeth with it once a week, leaving on for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. The baking soda helps to break down plaque build up and bleaches your teeth to reveal a sparkling white and super clean smile.
2. Do you ever feel like your usual shampoo just isn’t doing the job? If you use a lot of products and love your locks to feel fresh and clean after every wash, using baking soda as a shampoo could be right for you. Add baking soda to your usual shampoo and lather throughout your hair to strip any product build up and clarify your color.
3. Feeling a little dull? Skin still looking tired and dry from winter? Reveal a fresh face for the new season by mixing 1 tbsp. of baking soda with a couple of squeezes of lemon and apply to skin until it has set dry. You will instantly notice your skin is brighter, fresher and feeling totally clean.
4. Baking soda also makes for a great addition to your usual exfoliation routine. Add a tablespoon to your body wash or lather into a loofa for a cheap and quick microdermabrasion session for your skin. This is a great way to exfoliate dead skin cells and refresh your skin.
5. Don’t have time to wash your hair in the morning but it is looking less than fit for public? Apply a smattering of baking soda to your roots and buff in until it fades and you can no longer see any contrasting white marks. The baking soda naturally soaks up any excess oil in your hair and gives you the feel and look of freshly blow-dried locks.